Thursday 9 April 2020

The Old Ways - A little Bit of Magic - And a Little Accident


Today started on a very positive note dear reader, as I languished in bed with a cup of tea and one of my favourite books of all time. I felt entirely removed from the nagging fear of covid 19. The book in question?

It's the kind of story that gives you a warm feeling when you read it. A nostalgic magical tale of friendship and hope. I read it many years ago and remembered that I loved it to bits, but as luck would have it failed to remember the full story line. (You know that feeling surely?)

The making of magical charms, potions and the wine of the book title, woven through the lives of the characters in the book, is immensely evocative and heart warming.

I would heartily recommend it, as I'm sure there are lots of us reading and re-reading books at the moment, such an escape from the relentless news.

If you fancy something a little bit more creative, I would like to share a crafty idea from an Australian blogger Pip Lincolne, she writes a very upbeat blog full of interesting ideas and projects.

At the moment there is a free pattern and instructions on making an Easy Peasy crochet blanket. I think even if you have never crocheted before, you could give this a go and meet with success.


After breakfast, feeling tippity top, I popped out to pick up a prescription for a friend who has torn a ligament in her leg. No sooner had I returned from said mercy dash, and after commiserating with my chum at length about suffering additional pain at this worrying time, what did I do? Tripped over some large wires in our dishelleved garden  and am now suffering similar aches. Ah me, just when you think things are going well. What a bloomin nuisance.

Keep safe dear reader.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Morgana Extends A Warm Welcome To My Latest Followers

100 followers and counting. Thank you all.