Good morning dear hearts. Did I remember to tell you that I joined a little known society early on in the year? A little society celebrating a Great Briton.
Beatrix Potter had an enormous impact on my childhood, her little books took me to magical places which were an especial delight to me. A complete contrast to the bookless house I grew up in. It was years before I fully realised everything she had achieved in her life and what a wonderful human being she was and how in so many ways she touched so many lives.
This July 28th sees the 160 year anniversary of her birth and of course is a major cause for celebration. Emma Bridgewater who has a special place in her heart for Beatrix Potter has produced a lovely Peter Rabbit collection. It launched yesterday and I flew to the website to order a keepsake. I wasn't planning on making such a big purchase, but................
An heirloom piece to add to my collection. I'm super pleased with it. Not that I will need to employ it any time soon :)
If you have a chance do pop over to the Beatrix Potter Society website beatrixpotter.org.uk

Oh I love it!! I have always adored Beatrix Potter and her wonderful imagination. I did not know her as a child but I made sure my son did. When I found out I was pregnant, the very first thing I purchased was a set of her books, and I ended up doing his entire room in Peter Rabbit. I truly didn't learn her "story" until much later and was amazed. She is an absolute legend.
ReplyDeleteI just knew you would love it. Most folk don't know all the fantastic things that Beatrix Potter did, its such a shame. You can access the Beatrix Potter Society website from USA I'm sure, as we have a lot of American members.
DeleteYour quilt is gorgeous. I never knew there was a Beatrix Potter Society. X
ReplyDeleteI'm afraid it seems to be a bit of a secret and the society struggle to get heard and be found. But I hope to be helping them with that.
DeleteWhat a beautiful quilt, now I'm hopping over to Emma Bridgewater to have a browse.
ReplyDeleteSorry if I have made you make a purchase :)
DeleteI found that https://beatrixpottersociety.org.uk/ worked for me in the USA. Thanks for sharing, there's so much interesting info there! Marcia in the Desert
ReplyDeleteHi Marcia, so glad you were able to find the site and you enjoyed it.
DeleteWhat a beautiful quilt.
ReplyDeleteI've always been a fan of Beatrix Potter.
All the best Jan
Thanks Jan. I've been a fan since childhood too.
Delete