Monday 22 April 2024

The Excitement of Felbrigg Hall & The Art of Creating A Joyful Life

It's been a few months since the Mr and I ventured to Norfolk. We journeyed there again for the weekend and had a most splendid time. Each time we visit it reinforces our desire to move to Norfolk on a permanent basis. Felbrigg Hall, a sensational NT property wasn't open last time but we managed a swift visit on Saturday. It has the most swoon worthy house and walled garden and I decided whilst visiting that I will volunteer there once we have settled in our new home. We did view a property on Friday but alas it wasn't for us. Still at last the ball is rolling.
Naturally my thoughts have been turning to new home interiors. I have been lucky to source a few interesting 'coffee table' style books from my local library written by various well known and maybe not so well known home stylists.
I hadn't heard of Rachel Ashwell, but by all accounts she was the founder of the Shabby Chic movement.
Paula Sutton's book is full of whimsy but also lush photos of her own joyful life and tips and advice in helping folk add some sparkle to theirs. She is a recent discovery for me and I like her. I tried to make a small film of the book content but my very dated system is unhappy with that and although it loaded from my phone it won't now load to my post, sorry folks.

8 comments:

  1. Good luck with your house hunting. Norfolk is lovely:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely visit to Felbrigg Hall.
    Good luck with your house hunting.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. That library is glorious!! Norfolk? Well, methinks you're getting closer to the place from which my ancestors hailed (Great Yarmouth). Good luck on taking up the hunt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well GF, my ancestors were born and raised for centuries just down along the coast away. I wonder if your folks and mine ever met or mingled on market days? We should be living about 50 minutes or so from Gt Yarmouth, please do remember if ever you come to Blighty you have a room at ours whenever.

      Delete
  4. What an amazing property and such a wonderful idea to volunteer there once you've moved to Norfolk. Wishing you good luck with your house hunting! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks PP. There are loads of places to volunteer but Felbrigg has caught my eye.

      Delete

Beltane Blessings My Lovely Chums

This lovely Beltane image from one of my fav designers, Wendy Andrew. She can be found at www.paintingdreams.co.uk I have bought quite a f...