Saturday 21 October 2023

Finally Pictures of The Compost Heap Jelly

The jelly is untried just now, but as blogger is 'allowing' me to upload images at the moment, I thought I should. I'm also working on socks for friends. The ones in this picture are made from a vegan yarn, which in this case I think translates to bamboo. The label on the skein was printed on plantable wildflower seed paper, which I thought was pretty cool. Second pair of socks finished, unblocked at this stage and I have another pair on the needles.
I hope all my blogging chums are safe from the floods. It has been awful locally but we live high up so haven't been flooded. The storm did scupper our plans for a weekend away though. Keep warm and dry folks.

8 comments:

  1. I don't know which is more lovely - your beautifully clear jelly or your amazing socks! When you do pop open the jelly, do let us know if it's as good as it looks. I had not heard about the flooding there (I live in Nod you know)...but yes, hoping all are safe. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have high expectations of my jelly, hoping to make some jam too soon. The flooding has drained away thankfully.

      Delete
  2. The jelly looks very inviting. I like the socks - lovely heathery colouring and the packaging sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for showing us the jelly photos, Jean, and how lovely are those socks. That wrapper made of plantable wildflower seed paper is such a fab idea! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. “Waste not, want not,” as I have always heard. Well, you certainly will not be wanting for jams and jellies. I am anxious for the first tasting of these delightful looking treats. I, also, adore those oh-so-lovely socks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's very kind of you to say. And thank you for popping by and leaving a mesage.

      Delete

Beltane Blessings My Lovely Chums

This lovely Beltane image from one of my fav designers, Wendy Andrew. She can be found at www.paintingdreams.co.uk I have bought quite a f...