Saturday 14 October 2023

Compost Heap Jelly

I hope this little film will clearly show you all the doings and the makings of this wonderfully thrifty jelly, which tastes like a rindless marmalade. 'Pam the Jam' is an expert preserve maker and I have splashed out and bought her book, a muslin jelly bag with stand and also a jam thermometer, because she has inspired me so. Although my own compost jelly has cost me about 25p per jar I'm still in for a few pounds yet with all the extras I have purchased. I haven't finished my current jar of shop bought marmalade but when I do I will crack open my own home made jelly and hope it is as nice or let's be optimistic even better. I will of course let you all know. You can probably tell m'dears that I'm planning to make many more jams and jellies, as I do have a lot of frozen home grown fruit in my chest freezer. But I'm perhaps getting ahead of myself. I had hoped to post a few images of my making process and beautifully crystal clear jellies in recycled jam jars. Sadly at the moment, blogger is, for some strange reason not allowing me to upload images from my computer. I will work on trying to sort this out but if any of you folk have ever had this happen please can you let me know the solution. Bye for now.

8 comments:

  1. Yours is the second or third blog I've read about compost jelly. I really must try it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm being very patient and not opening mine until we've eaten what's in the fridge.

      Delete
  2. This looks and sounds positively wonderful. And so very easy! I don't generally go through that much fruit and such so it would take me a good while to accumulate that much "compost" but I may need to improvise. Thanks for sharing Love...and hope you manage to figure out the upload situation. Unfortunately, I can offer no assistance there other to tell you to ensure you have the most current updated version of your web browser. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I collected the fruits over a period and just put them in the freezer till I had enough. Thanks for the tip about my troublesome blogger. We are working on it.

      Delete
  3. How wonderful Jean - when I saw your title I thought it was perhaps something for the garden (!!!) I would love to perfect the art of making good jams & marmalades - my previous attempts have been rather sad. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds absolutely wonderful, Jean! I'm sure your jelly will turn out to be a success! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Beltane Blessings My Lovely Chums

This lovely Beltane image from one of my fav designers, Wendy Andrew. She can be found at www.paintingdreams.co.uk I have bought quite a f...