Thursday 15 April 2021

Photowall Opportunity

 Dearest reader, I received a rather lovely email in mid March from a Swedish based wall art company, Photowall. They are the folk who produced my Birth of Venus wall art for my spare bedroom. 

The company manufactures wallpaper, wall art, posters and canvas prints and they have the most amazing selection of images to choose from, 1000s of them, or you can even use your own image. Fantastic, eh?

They are eco friendly too, just the sort of business folk we need more of. All the work is printed to order, so no waste and they reduce their environmental impact by planting over 5,000 trees a year; it's a great business model.

They had contacted me, no idea how they found my little blog, but they wanted to collaborate with me. I think maybe it's the quality of my readers /followers that drew them in, I'm sure you'd agree :-)

I could choose anything from their range in exchange for a mention on my blog. Well as you can imagine as I'd already used them before and was supremely pleased with the quality product and their attention to detail, it was as they say a no brainer. 

As I said in my previous post my master bedroom was in need of a makeover, scheduled to start this Summer, with their kind offer I have made an early start.

I chose a botanical design with a heritage feel as I'm keen to add a bit of character and luxury to the room.


The paper comes ready printed and numbered so there is no headache with pattern matching or indeed getting the design on the wall the right way up! I had 17 drops and they all went up rather smoothly. The quality is brilliant so no tearing as you try and fiddle around light switches etc. With the added bonus that the prints are guaranteed not to fade, which the previous paper I used sadly did. You receive comprehensive hanging instructions with your order, paste and delivery included.


So the room has gone from this

To this


With the feature wall nicely concluded I'm spurred on to select the other new additions to the room. The Laura Ashley lamp bases I love, so I have just ordered new shades from OKA.


I think they will bring a fabulous pop of colour against the raspberry pattern, plus they are hand printed which gives a nice hand made feel to them.

The only other definite in the room at the moment is the wall colour for the other walls, Farrow & Ball No.84 Blue Green. I've got the most enormous sample up in the room to check I'm happy with it before I proceed. I'm collecting fabric samples too for the curtains, these Morris & Co are very rich and beautiful.



Normally when I conceive a room design I have everything planned and purchased before I start, it's been a better process starting with the feature wall and taking more time to consider the other elements in the room.

I will of course keep you up to date with the progress, but I'll leave you with a picture of my little helper, who you would never guess is new to interior design.


The lovely Sarah from photowall has been in touch to say that all you good people can order from them with a 25% discount on ANY product. How nice is that? I hope you will pop over to them and take a look. The discount code is shrimptonandperfect2021, and is valid from 16th April to 20th June, so plenty of time to think about those projects you've been meaning to do, or you could order a gift for a friend.








2 comments:

  1. Well that has the real wow factor, it looks fabulous. I really love the design you chose, and your little helper too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Jo. I thought the pattern had a lovely feel and it's turned out even better than I thought it would. Photowall have just contacted me to offer my followers a 25% discount, which I've added to the post. Jean. x

      Delete

My Journey To Health - A Morning Walk

Up early this morning, bedlinen on the line, yes the weather is holding. Booked my Zumba class for Monday week, you have to get up early to ...