Monday 26 April 2021

Silk Purse Out Of A Sow's Ear

 Hello lovely readers. You know how I love a little thrifty trick or two. Nearly everything can be upcycled or used in someway by someone, which is why I'm a regular subscriber to Freegle, either posting items or finding things. 

I've been clearing out bits and bobs recently, things that I no longer have a use for, and have been finding good homes for them. All very satisfying.

This very old paraffin heater was not in good condition after being stored in an outhouse for some years, and I almost took it to be recycled. but boy am I glad I didn't.


A very nice couple from a neighbouring county bought it from me to turn into a garden light. They got a friend to blast it clean and I think they said powder paint it. Look at it now, so nice.




Plus I have a little extra money to add to the holiday fund.


4 comments:

  1. That's fabulous. Very stylish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it. It warms my heart when things are given a new lease of life.

      Delete
  2. That old heater looks incredible and what a good idea to use it as a garden light. Eye catching for sure! Keep well Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amanda. It must project very pretty patterns around their garden, they were thrilled with it, and the poor heater has a new life and has avoided landfill. Jean x

      Delete

My Journey To Health - A Morning Walk

Up early this morning, bedlinen on the line, yes the weather is holding. Booked my Zumba class for Monday week, you have to get up early to ...