Monday 1 July 2024

Aberdeen-Fairytale Castles & Gorgeous Art

I recently travelled north of the border to see an old chum. She's been having a hard time of late and I wanted to see her and give her some support, and have a few laughs of course, which is very good medicine in my book. We chatted for England, well I suppose she chatted for Scotland, let me tell you, she won. We had a laid back time. Aberdeen has much to offer and I really enjoyed the differenceness, is that a word? and the culture. Look at the divine pink Craigievar Castle, I must apologise for not crediting the photo, I found it on a local posting and don't know who took it. But rather special, no?
The Aberdeen Art Gallery was splendid and I could have spent hours in there just gawping at the art. Unfortunately whilst I was there a large school party invaded the gallery and made the most tremendous noise whilst wandering around touching the exhibits. The teachers did nothing to supervise the children which greatly surprised and annoyed me, I did well to keep my council and said nothing, although I did glare, obviously. I do a good glare when I need to.

7 comments:

  1. The pink castle is so pretty - a real fairy-tale castle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always think laughter is good medicine.
    I'm sure your friend appreciated your visit.

    Craigievar Castle looks amazing and so pleased you enjoyed your visit to the Aberdeen Art Gallery.

    Happy July wishes.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that castle! It's the thing fairytales are made of! The art is wonderful - but I am especially smitten with the portrait of the young lady right after the photo of the yummy coffee and pastry. Something about her is just so mesmerizing. What a dear friend you are to go spend time with your northern neighbor when she needs you. I had a too-brief visit from some "northern" friends this past week and it does, indeed, lift one's spirits to just chat...and chat. As for the glare - good on you LOL. I do a good glare myself. ;-) ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a divine castle, Jean, it does look straight out of a fairy tale!
    I'm sorry to hear your visit to the art gallery was marred by that noisy school party, and I'm sorry your glare didn't help. I do a good glare too, by the way :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete

Aberdeen-Fairytale Castles & Gorgeous Art

I recently travelled north of the border to see an old chum. She's been having a hard time of late and I wanted to see her and give her ...