Saturday 1 June 2024

Homespun Day

Well gentle readers it has been a bit of a homespun day today, but no less enjoyable for that.
I started the day with some cleaning and sprucing up, with the first wash on before I had even opened my eyes properly. It has been a full day. Breakfast was some of my own handmade Compost Jelly on posh Marks and Sparks toasted bread with a delicious decaff coffee. I served my breakfast on my current favourite plate, are you like me and have fav plates and mugs and cups for specific things? It's an old Habitat plate which cost me all of 25p from a charity shop. My coffee mug also cost me 25 p from the same shop, sorry I didn't get a pic of that, maybe next time. A slow perusal through some recycled Country Living mags which a friend swops with me for my Norfolk Life mags. Before beetling off for an hours swim. Not before I had stripped the bed though and put wash number 2 on. A goodly amount of gardening on my return. Where delving around the garden I managed to find just enough blooms to make up a nice vase for the living room.
. I've a few more jobs to do before a light supper later, I think a glass or two of wine is in order tonight as I have been extra good this week with lots of exercise. I have now lost 20lbs in weight and I am carrying on with my health restoring journey for another 4lbs, when I will hit my own second target. Wash number 3 is on. It has been a little sunny today so I haven't needed to use the drier, which I hate doing. Things smell so much nicer drying on the line and of course it's cheaper too. I will leave you with a delightful find I made a couple of weeks ago. A rather lovely oil painting of a vase of flowers. £1 only from another local clearance charity shop. I don't always find such wonderful things, but I do check Charity shops on a regular basis. I will keep this painting but if I do sell anything on that I find in the shops, I always make an extra donation to the charity.

10 comments:

  1. Well you've certainly had a good day, and a glass of wine sounds a nice way to end the day.

    Well done too on your weight loss.

    I like your vase of flowers and the painting you bought at the charity shop.

    Enjoy the rest of your weekend and have a happy month of June.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Jan. Best wishes for June to you too.

      Delete
  2. Your vase of flowers look so beautiful & that painting was a real treasure of a find.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie, I'm super pleased with the painting, so bright and joyful.

      Delete
  3. Homespun days are some of my favorite kind of days. Yours sounds lovely to me. Nothing better than fresh, line-dried, sheets. I just did mine as well. Your flowers are beautiful. I would love to see your gardens. Great find on the painting as well. I used to go to the resale shops every now and again but haven't been to one for several years. Need to destash some here before restashing. LOL. Yay you for such success on your weight loss and health quest. You go girl! ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Robin. You never know you might see my garden one day :)

      Delete
  4. A busy , satisfying day. Well done on your weight loss - perseverance pays off.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love a homespun day now and again, and very satisfactory they can be as well. Well done for losing 20lbs in weight, and with all the exercising you do indeed deserve that glass of wine (or two). Gorgeous blooms and lovely oil painting. What a fabulous find that was! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you PP. I couldn't believe my luck when I spotted the painting. It's no Van Gogh, but it is bright and full of joy.

    ReplyDelete

Dame Laura Knight

Have you ever been haunted by an item that you didn't purchase? It doesn't happen very often to me, but a few years ago I saw an ama...