Sunday 13 August 2023

De-clutter & Re-clutter

The Mr and I have been spending time together the last couple of weekends having the most splended outings. Art exhibitions, auctions, book fairs, a brocante or two, farmers markets, which as you can see has resulted in some purchases and technically an element of re-cluttering and draining the coffers again. But dear hearts in my defence ALL were necessary to my well being. Especially the silver and London blue topaz bracelet, which brings prosperity, abundance and good luck and is my birthstone for December, none of which I knew when I bought it. We will be attending a boot fair in a couple of weeks to sell off items that we don't need anymore so that will all balance out nicely. Well that's the theory anyway.

10 comments:

  1. I've had another huge sort out of things I once loved, but now are only stuff to me, but unlike you, I have no plans to shop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, you have more restraint than me. Still all of the items purchased were second hand and the painting is a one off hand painted. On the plus side it keeps the money circulating in local communities too. But I mustn't buy anything else for a while now. (she says).

      Delete
  2. Lovely purchases. It's nice to have new treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course, of course! Completely necessary to your well being, I agree! Sweet new treasures! I LOVE your new bracelet - may it bring all the things to you it is revered for. And that book! I think I need to look it up and see if it might be available somewhere. I'm also intrigued by that very first piece...of pottery? ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The book was first published in 1963, and I suspect has had many previous owners. The publisher is Hamish Hamilton. Yes, the first piece is pottery, made in Budapest Hungary in 1999 and cost the grand sum of £2.99. The Japanese porcelain figure group is from the Meiji period and bought at auction when I was looking at other lots. That's the way it goes sometimes.

      Delete
  4. Fabulous purchases, Jean, and of course these things are necessary for one's well being! What a serendipitous find that silver and topaz bracelet was! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You bought some lovely things..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Hena, and thank you for dropping by and leaving a comment.

    ReplyDelete

Beltane Blessings My Lovely Chums

This lovely Beltane image from one of my fav designers, Wendy Andrew. She can be found at www.paintingdreams.co.uk I have bought quite a f...