Saturday 28 May 2022

Refresh & Create

 Hearty breakfast this morning for two reasons, unusually we have a large amount of eggs to use up and as you know dear friends I cannot abide waste. Also we both have quite a lot of work in the house and garden. A bit of a legacy from two weekends away.

Painting walls is the order of the day for me. I last painted the lounge and ante room five years ago when we moved to our present house. Farrow and Ball Drawing Room Blue. I've loved it, but fancy a colour that will reflect more light.


I always have a colour in mind when I start any painting project, finding the right hue is the challenge. Shade charts are not always helpful and I do like to see the colour on the wall in different lights. Here you see a mixture of Little Greene, Farrow and Ball, Wilko and Dulux. I've gone for the top right. Which is a Dulux paint.





I'm starting in the ante room, so if it's a terrible mistake I can hopefully correct it. I'd really like to get it all done by next weekend as we're having a Jubilee celebration next Saturday, but we'll see. I also have some gardening to do.

Image Garden Museum

Not really helped by Morgana Mittens.



8 comments:

  1. I like the colour paint you chose. We haven't decorated anything in a while but I would love to do our bedroom before Christmas, although the thought of starting it gives me the jitters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Maggie, it's always a faff, but I love the end result. A lick of paint refreshes wonderfully.

      Delete
  2. Well...ahem....I happen to absolutely love that color you already have.... It looks to be the dark blue I was searching for in the "refresh" at the lake house but could not find. Strangely, the closest I came was a British paint that cost a fortune (x100 to get it to Nod). Looking forward to seeing your transformation and to see.... Aww...sweet Miss Morgana...absolutely love that photo of her! ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's going very well so far thanks Robin. I think thr new blue is a triumph.

      Delete
  3. I'm seconding Robin's comment that I absolutely love the original colour, but I'm hearing you on wanting a colour which reflects more light. Can't wait to see the result! When we repainted our kitchen - originally yellow but now a turquoise-y blue, we too lived with some possible paint choices for a while before making our final decision! Good luck with the gardening project! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Going well so far, although the more expensive 'one coat paint' is not covering completely. Either way I'll get it finished. I'm loving the light blue, I'll post a few pics at the end of the week. xx

      Delete
  4. I too love the original colour but I get that it is dark, I hope the lighter new colour brings in the light you are looking for. I love Farrow and Ball and Little Greene they are so expensive but wonderful colours and quality, our whole house is painted in their paints.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm about half way through and it's looking transformational. I'm very pleased.

      Delete

My Journey To Health - A Morning Walk

Up early this morning, bedlinen on the line, yes the weather is holding. Booked my Zumba class for Monday week, you have to get up early to ...