Wednesday, 7 May 2025
And Now For Something Completely Different............
My crush on George Harrison or as I like to call him my Guru, continues. What a powerful performance for the Prince's Trust Rock Gala 1987. I'm in awe.
Incidentally when I arrived in Italy last Thursday I was collected at the airport by Nico a young student and his Grandfather Sergio. Sergio could speak no English but amongst other things he wanted to talk 'Beatles'with me, so Nico translated. Sergio's introduction to rock and roll and the Beatles came when some friends in England sent some early records over to his very rural part of Italy. At the time it felt revolutionary and he still seemed to be feeling the excitement. Me too.
Hello Judith my latest follower, a very warm welcome to my blog, many thanks for joining us here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Doings
Last Saturday I took the train to the dreaded Manchester to attend an event and to catch up with my lovely son. He has lived in Manchester ...
-
My besom was busy today, brushing away the bad luck from the house, straight out the backdoor and brushing with intent the good luck in thr...
-
The Mr and I visited the wonderful Wiveton Hall in Norfolk last week. Actually it was a tour of the grounds and gardens led by the most ec...
Music is an international language.
ReplyDeleteI'm sure that talking 'Beatles' with you must have made Sergio's day! xxx
ReplyDeleteJabblog is so very correct. I bet you were right in your element.
ReplyDeleteYes, I too agree with what Jabblog said :)
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your weekend.
All the best Jan