Tuesday 21 November 2023

Move Over Nigella There's A New Goddess In Town

Goodness me I'm late to the Nancy Birtwhistle party. My excuse is that I don't watch 'Bake Off', apparently she won the competition many moons ago. I adore the woman, can't get enough. I'm following her on Facebook now and she's always popping up with thrifty and sustainable tips. She's written a few books too, one of which I have just returned to my local library. Over the weekend I googled her shortcrust pastry recipe, now I rarely make pastry, but I thought I would make some cocktail sausage rolls in advance for Christmas gatherings. She didn't let me down,and although I say so myself it was perfection. In other thrifty news I've just discovered that my local M&S sell off ripe bananas at a tiny 25p a bag. They were in a rather nice brown paper bag on the top of the banana stand, with no price on them, but two recipes on the bag to make use of the ripe bananas, banana bread and vegan cupcakes.
I tweaked the recipe slightly by adding walnuts and some vanilla essence. I think this domestic goddess lark is catching.

5 comments:

  1. Well done, Marks and Sparks, and well done, you:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i follow Nancy on Instagram, as yet I have not got any of her 4 books, but I do love to see her useful tips.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel she is such a discovery as she completely gets the whole palm oil thing and not many thrifty folk do.

      Delete
  3. I'm even later to the Nancy Birtwhistle party, but I'll definitely be checking her out on Facebook/Instagram! Thank for sharing, Jean. That banana bread is looking seriously scrumptious by the way! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Beltane Blessings My Lovely Chums

This lovely Beltane image from one of my fav designers, Wendy Andrew. She can be found at www.paintingdreams.co.uk I have bought quite a f...