Friday 8 July 2022

Harvest

 



Crops have started to come through in the garden. We had our first early potatoes last night. This year as you can see, I'm growing chamomile for tisanes. My son is a big fan so I thought I would try and grow some from seed. I'm laying the heads in a black seed tray to dry out. Another first this year for me is Okra, again grown from seed. That's still in it's infant stage but coming on.

I'm off now to harvest some lavender and flowers for drying, we've just had two hot days so I think it's a good time to do it.

Enjoy the sunshine my chums but don't get too hot.


5 comments:

  1. Oh my, what a wonderful idea to grow chamomile for tisanes! Your crop of gooseberries definitely outshines mine! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've put quite a few gooseberries in the feezer for the Winter months and gifted some to friends too. Lovely with honey and porridge.

      Delete
  2. I am not a fan of tea anything...so tisanes are included....and I'm not certain I have ever had okra. Strange I know, but I live a sheltered life. Strange weather here....still. ~Robin~ (TheCrankyCrow)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okra is an aquired taste, but is delicious curried.

      Delete
  3. Chamomile tisane sounds wonderful. I have never tried growing Okra but I love eating it and you are right it is delicious curried.

    ReplyDelete

Morgana Extends A Warm Welcome To My Latest Followers

100 followers and counting. Thank you all.