Saturday 30 October 2021

Idyllic Scilly Isles

 The rain has blown over for a wee while and the sun is streaming through my window reminding me I need to post about our September trip to The Scilly Isles. I hope my witterings might strike a cord and perhaps create some interest. And maybe a litte joy.


Visiting the Islands has been on my list for an absolute age, I suspect it is on the lists of many folks, and is awkward or expensive to get to,  which is why the islands are not heaving with people. Yet most people I spoke to come back to the islands year on year. So perhaps it is the same folk who always visit?

This image from Pinterest

To say the islands are extraordinary is an understatement. Quiet, historic, breathtakingly beautiful and choc full of the most amazing wildlife and exotic plants. I would happily go there twice a year if I had the time and money. As it is I'm trying to book for 2023, yes you really do need to book way in advance.

Porthcressa beach middle of the day.

We spent a few nights in Penzance too before we sailed to the islands. We had the best time. Our B&B was exceptional The Summer House

The breakfast room at The Summer House

 
The Admiral Benbow Pub



The chocolate house 18th century holiday let

T
A funny garden sculpture




The Mr and I can't wait to go back to the sunshine and fun.


4 comments:

  1. I've been waiting for this post Jean!! The islands sound (and look!) fabulous! I must confess thatI really am not that familiar with them...but you had me at "islands" and "not heaving with people" LOL Another place to add to "wanna visit" list. Thanks for sharing!!! Happy All Hallow's Eve!! ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Robin, thank you for your visit. I hope you're saving your pennies (cents?) to come over to Blighty one day. A very Happy All Hallows to you too. Btw, Hocus Pocus was sensational on the big screen. Bette Midler was tremendous. Jean

      Delete
  2. It looks and sounds lovely. Looks like I will never get there as, even if I make it back to U.K. I would not be able to book well in advance. I shall just have to enjoy photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Susan, you may miss out on a Scilly Isles visit, but New Zealand is one of my favourite places in the world. Nature at its most wonderful. I can't wait to visit again.Jean

    ReplyDelete

Beltane Blessings My Lovely Chums

This lovely Beltane image from one of my fav designers, Wendy Andrew. She can be found at www.paintingdreams.co.uk I have bought quite a f...