Monday 6 September 2021

For The Love of Films

 As you may have noticed dear reader I am a girl of eclectic tastes. Last night the Mr and I poodled off to see the latest Timothy Spall film, The Last Bus. It was a slow story, intimate and moving and I really enjoyed it. I feel as though I now know every cm of the actor's face. Every nuance was amazing. We watched it at my favourite cinema, which is about 30 minutes from us on a good run.


We have recently become members, as we wanted to support them and also because we want to see more films this year. You may have guessed it has a distinct art deco vibe, with lush seating and a big screen. They also serve tea and cake and wines, beers etc. I like to book a sofa and my favourite one is called Fred & Ginger.

I'm waiting on booking the new Bond film, all very exciting. Are you all going?














4 comments:

  1. What a fascinating venue that must be at which to watch a movie! We have nothing remotely as interesting in these parts. I have not been to a movie theatre for years... tragic I know. Perhaps if they served teas and cakes, wines and beer and had a sofa on which to sit, I would find a way. ;-) ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so lush, I even saw a couple sit down with a nice bottle of wine in an ice bucket. That's for me when I'm watching Mr. Bond. I might even take in a few smoked salmon sandwiches. Perfect.

      Delete
  2. That sounds like a great little cinema with all the luxuries of your own living room, sofas and tea and cake. We rarely go to the cinema, in fact, I can't remember the last time we went, it was years ago. To be honest, I'm a fidget, and that never goes down well in a cinema. I usually knit while watching a film and I can't do that in the dark.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I certainly like the idea of tea and cakes while you watch a film in the cinema ... sounds so cosy! It just wouldn't happen here you can't take anything in to eat or drink in the cinema here unless you buy it from the cinema stall. Really exorbitant prices too! We do go to the cinema occasionally just for a change. However, I have to echo what Jo has posted here but in my case it is Sr P who is a terrible fidget and more so if he finds the film boring. I also like to crochet while I watch a film. It does sound nice though :-) Amanda x

    ReplyDelete

My Journey To Health - A Morning Walk

Up early this morning, bedlinen on the line, yes the weather is holding. Booked my Zumba class for Monday week, you have to get up early to ...