Saturday 14 December 2013

Always Shop Around

The finished adorable blue door was in need of an equally adorable Christmas wreath. I thought this year like last year I would make my own. I already had a few nice little trinkets to wire onto a wreath and I bought some dried orange slices and some little golden bells.

Last week I had seen some basic wreaths at Morrisons. A good size, real foliage and with two or three pine cones already attached. Not a bad price at £7.00. I thought they might do. Or alternatively I could make it all from scratch.

But you know how I like to shop around for the best and most stylish deal. I popped along to our local garden centre with a friend on Monday. They had some lovely plain small wreaths in a bluey green pine. Exactly what I was looking for, but at a smidgen under £13.00 way too expensive. Just not good value.

Then on Thursday, BINGO. Lidl came up trumps with a gorgeous wreath fully adorned for under a fiver.


The only thing I have added are the orange slices. So I can save the bells I bought for another project.


The small ornaments are simply glued on and not wired on, I guess that's how they keep the cost to a minimum. But I hope you agree it looks just the Crimble ticket.

5 comments:

  1. It looks lovely - good old Lidl they always come up trumps. I have bought one of their fresh growing christmas trees, only £7.99. Saw similar ones in Waitrose for £28.99 with a few little trinkets and some sacking around them. It will go in a pot outside in January and hopefully will still be around next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds smashing Rosemary, really good value too.

    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to Lidl - this week!
    Will I be too late?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks fab, loving the new look front door too, great job!

    ReplyDelete

Beltane Blessings My Lovely Chums

This lovely Beltane image from one of my fav designers, Wendy Andrew. She can be found at www.paintingdreams.co.uk I have bought quite a f...